Progressive family owned and operated funeral home since 1905, Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service is seeking a full-time Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer in good standing with the Board.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining the highest level of client family satisfaction. This position will be responsible for weeknight & weekend on call hours including embalming. Currently, on call every other weekend with the opposite weekend being a three-day weekend off.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Virginia Funeral Service Licensee
- Excellent/Insurable driving record
- Well groomed, motivated, compassionate, detail oriented, multitasker and communicator
- Proficient with computers and technology
- Ability for job related lifting
- Willingness to participate in growing market share through personal community involvement
- Experience managing caseload while maintaining the highest level of client family satisfaction
- Competitive salary ($45,000-$55,000 range) based on experience & abilities
- Health Insurance paid by Company
- Life Insurance paid by Company
- Disability Insurance paid by Company
- 401K Retirement with Company match
- Paid Vacation & Vacation Bonus Plan
- All-Purpose Days
- Year End Bonus Plan
- Clothing allowance
- Professional organization dues
- Paid area civic organization memberships
- Company cell phone & more
This is a great opportunity to be a part of Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service, a progressive, two location, family firm, serving approximately 150 families annually, with an exceptional reputation for professional, caring and compassionate service.
Please send resume to Trey Finch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family owned and operated funeral home since 1927, seeking a full time Licensed Virginia funeral Director/Embalmer in good standing with the board.
Must be well groomed, motivated, dynamic individual who can multitask, have excellent communication skills, detail oriented and be a team player.
Must have insurable driving record, and pass a background check. Computer skills are necessary.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in our community, to make a difference.
Competitive salary, health, dental and vision insurance with paid vacation/sick time.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary history to: email@example.com, attention Mitzi Maberry Roberson, manager.
Licensed Funeral Director wanted for Northern Virginia firm
Northern Virginia Burial & Cremation Society
is seeking experienced licensed Funeral Director who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while focusing on providing excellent customer care. Virginia Licensed is required, DC and Maryland preferred but not required. Must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, computer skills and have a general knowledge of EDRS.
Excellent benefits offered to include competitive pay, incentive program, Health Insurance, Vacation, sick pay and 401K match.
Send confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotz Funeral Homes has two positions open for a Funeral Director/Embalmer at our Roanoke and Salem locations. Competitive salary and benefits available in a great working environment. To join our family please contact Bob Pollard at 540-389-9208, 1330 East Main Street, Salem, Va. 24153 or Betty Cundiff at 540-982-1001, 1001 Franklin Rd SW, Roanoke, Va. 24016.
The Funeral Director is accountable for performing a variety of tasks during the preparation, planning, and execution of the funeral and memorialization process to ensure services run smoothly and that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Consults with client families or legal representative of the deceased to create services designed to meet their memorialization expectations.
- Ensures that client families are presented with all merchandising and service options available.
- Obtains information needed to complete required documents such as obituaries, death certificates, burial permits, and insurance.
- Coordinates all service arrangements and details with clergy, other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations, and others who may participate in conducting the funeral service.
- Utilizes systems to record merchandise selections, enter contracts, and complete necessary forms.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts visitations and services.
- Oversees all employees participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Prepares the deceased, including dressing and casketing.
- Places casket in visitation area, adjusts light fixtures, and arranges or supervises arrangement of flowers or plants.
- Directs and ushers families and services attendees to and from the location of the funeral service.
- Supervises and assists in the transportation of client families to ensure a timely departure and arrival.
- Arranges and coordinates shipment of remains to and from other cities and locations.
- Instructs and oversees work of Apprentice Funeral Directors on services and paperwork.
- Works on-call/first call, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or some college.
- 3 years of experience as a licensed Funeral Director.
- Valid Virginia Funeral Director’s License.
- Valid Embalmer’s License highly preferred.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
- High degree of overall computer proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively present information to client families, co-workers, and leadership.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through personal community involvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, community leaders, and grieving client families.
- Ability to empathize with client families and their guests and demonstrate tact and patience in emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and working environment through organization and communication.
- Ability to actively listen to the needs of client families.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Tactful and professional behavior when dealing with complaints or dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
Carriage Services is a leading provider of professional funeral and cemetery services and products in the United States. Headquartered in the vital, thriving city of Houston, Texas, Carriage is reaching out to care for families in diverse communities throughout the country. Carriage Services is changing the face of
the funeral and cemetery industry in the United States. We invite you to be a part of this sweeping change. Carriage Services is an equal opportunity
Advent Funeral & Cremation Services
Well respected and progressive family owned funeral home in Virginia (just outside of DC) is seeking a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. Our ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter and team player who has a good work ethic and is committed to serving families. Someone who will contribute in all areas of the funeral home including: meeting with families, conducting services and embalming. Community involvement with a strong track record of building community relationships is a must.
Job Requirements/Qualifications: Licensed in either, Virginia, Maryland or D.C., with the ability to become licensed in all three jurisdictions. We offer competitive wages and benefits. For immediate consideration, you may email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Funeral Services Adjunct Faculty Position
John Tyler Community College
Hiring Range: Salary and rank commensurate with experience and education
General Information: Adjunct faculty teaching is limited to a maximum of 8 credit hours in the summer semester, 12 credit hours in the fall semester, and 12 credit hours in the spring semester. These limits are for total number of credit hours taught in the Virginia’s Community Colleges (VCCS). Additional restrictions may apply depending upon other positions occupied within VCCS. Credit hours taught will be dependent upon course enrollments.
Responsibilities: The Division of Mathematics, Natural and Health Sciences at John Tyler Community College augments full-time teaching faculty with qualified part-time instructors to enhance the student learning process. Provide online or traditional delivery instruction at the Chester campus of the college. Courses offered in the discipline include Introduction to Funeral Service, Funeral Service Anatomy, Theory of Embalming, Theory of Embalming Lab, Restorative Art, Restorative Art Techniques and Lab, Funeral Service Law, Microbiology for Funeral Service, Pathology for Funeral Service, and Principles of Funeral Management.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited funeral services program; minimum of a bachelor’s degree; Virginia funeral service license or ability to obtain one. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is
required. Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree. Prior teaching experience at the postsecondary level in Biology or Chemistry. Ability to use instructional technologies.
Application Instructions: For immediate consideration, submit cover letter specifying teaching discipline and schedule availability, resume/CV, all unofficial transcripts, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with only the teaching discipline listed in the subject of the email (Example Subject Line: Funeral Services). Note: A completed state application, background check, and official transcripts will be required prior to start date.
John Tyler Community College embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion that empowers anyone from anywhere to be successful in their academic and professional pursuits. We strive to provide an environment that is enriching to all by understanding and appreciating our dimensions of diversity, becoming global citizens, and welcoming new ways of engaging the unique contributions of all people.
Funeral Service Licensee
SHENANDOAH VALLEY FUNERAL HOME
A long-successful Shenandoah Valley FH is seeking a career-minded, service-oriented Funeral Director/Embalmer strongly rooted in professionalism, ethical integrity, and compassionate care. Candidate must have strong communication skills, a solid work ethic easily handling details, and the ability to work well with others in varying circumstances.
– Must hold a valid Virginia License for Funeral Director and Embalmer.
– Must have valid Virginia Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
– Must have confident computer skills.
– Capable of Moderate to Heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling.
– Positive attitude and working environment.
– Organized, attentive to details and follow-up.
– Effective communication skills with client families and community.
– Display confident completion of documents and forms
– Crematory Operator certification (helpful, but not required)
– Make arrangements with client families regularly.
– Embalm, prepare, dress and apply cosmetics regularly.
– Direct funerals, graveside services, and memorial services regularly.
– Make removals/transfers regularly.
– Share responsibility for night-call and night removals in a regular scheduled rotation.
– Operate on-site crematory and processor regularly.
– Competitive salary based on experience.
– Paid Vacation time and Sick leave.
– Health plan
– Life Insurance
– Overtime and Bonus opportunities.
– Paid area civic memberships.
Mail applications to P.O. Box 307 Verona ,VA 24482
Woodlawn Memorial Gardens located in beautiful Norfolk, VA is a Funeral Home/Cemetery Combo facility. The Funeral Director will be responsible for arranging and directing funeral services. Must have experience with merchandise and services. Assists customers with at-need arrangements. Must be proficient w/computer and be willing to learn new software. Must comply with company policies and local, state and government regulations. Must have a Virginia Funeral Service and have at least 1 year of prior Funeral Director experience. Crematory Certification a plus. This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit sharing and vacation. For consideration, please email your resume with salary history to email@example.com. EOE.
Maddox Funeral Home, Inc. in Front Royal, Virginia is seeking a full time licensee. Please send a resume or call us for an appointment. Our address is 105 W. Main St., Front Royal, Virginia 22630 and our phone number is 540-635-2773
Funeral Director Alexandria, Virginia
Overview & Responsibilities
We currently have a full time opening for a Funeral Director at Demaine Funeral Home in Alexandria, VA. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it’s a calling. Here is the chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service. This is a great opportunity to develop your career, with training and advancement.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Contact Branham M. Mann, Sr., 703 549 0074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and Marketing of funeral products. Hagerstown, Maryland. Position requires development and execution of marketing plans. Limited repeat customers require personal contact and relationships. Cultivation of new customers and introduction of new products and services required. Candidates demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills. Limited overnight travel required. Product specific education provided. Vehicle provided. Salary starting at $60,000. Send resume to email@example.com
A funeral home in a small rural community of Southwest Virginia is looking to hire a licensed funeral director/embalmer. The funeral home is located approximately 5 1/2 hours west of Richmond. Benefits include 401K, life, health and dental insurance. Resumes are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions contact 276-964-4011.