The Virginia Funeral Directors Association (VFDA) is offering its members FREE virtual continuing education programs as a thank you for your commitment to the VFDA and the funeral service profession. We understand that in these trying times, it is difficult to stay on top of your continuing education requirements and we hope this series will help you and your staff receive the required courses you need.
** Must pre-register for the programs and must be a VFDA member in good standing**
Don’t Kill your Golden Goose – How Funeral Directors Can Protect & Perpetuate their Business
Wednesday, February 10, 4-6 PM EST
Angela Adams, Director of Legal Services, American Society for Asset Protection (ASAP)
2 hour program (2 CEU)
Register below (up until the day of the event)
Registrants will receive a confirmation e-mail and a Zoom virtual meeting invitation with login and password information prior to the virtual continuing education class.
Don’t Kill your Golden Goose- How Funeral Directors Can Protect & Perpetuate their Business
1. Structure business for lawsuit protection and prevention.
2. Reduce liability insurance costs.
3. Minimize taxes.
4. Create successful estate and business succession plan.
Is your financial house in order? Discover the tools you can use to become invincible to lawsuits, save thousands in taxes, and achieve financial peace of mind. By the end of the presentation you will know how to:
1) Protect 100% of your assets from lawsuits. You will learn how to make yourself so unattractive to a plaintiff attorney that they will never pursue a lawsuit against you.
2) Save thousands of dollars each year in taxes. You will learn five tax reduction strategies most people fail to utilize, which could save you more than $10,000 each year in taxes.
3) Avoid probate and eliminate all estate taxes. You will be taken through a checklist of items that are important to every estate and business succession plan. You will learn what you should be doing now to prepare for successful business and estate succession.
“It takes a lifetime to accumulate your assets. Take the time to protect them.”
- Sources of lawsuits funeral directors are exposed to and how to prevent them.
- How funeral directors can protect 100% of their professional and personal assets from lawsuits.
- How funeral directors can protect their business, property, and personal assets in the event of a judgment in excess of liability insurance or an exclusion in a policy.
- How to avoid the most common asset protection mistakes made by funeral directors and their advisors.
- How funeral directors can minimize vicarious liability for the acts of other professionals and staff.
Tax Reduction and Estate Planning
- Five strategies funeral directors can use to reduce income taxes by up to 40% each year.
- How funeral directors can eliminate the capital gains tax on the sale of a business, real estate, stocks or other assets.
- What funeral directors should be doing now to prepare for successful business secession.
- Techniques funeral directors can use to avoid probate and eliminate all estate taxes to pass assets to heirs tax free.
- How to effectively use corporations, trusts, wills, and family limited partnerships.
Angela Adams, Director of Legal Services
Asset protection specialist Angela Adams is the director of legal services for American Society for Asset Protection (ASAP). She serves as the liaison between ASAP clients and their asset protection attorneys. Adams has extensive knowledge and experience helping clients implement the protection and planning strategies recommended by attorneys and has saved clients millions of dollars. She not only helps customers get protected, but she helps them stay protected by assisting them with updating and maintaining total asset protection.